Assistant Management Accountant
MLP is a martech company, specialising in loyalty and rewards. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, providing ideas, planning and delivery of reward and loyalty programmes. We provide SAAS platforms and tech/support infrastructures as well as consultancy services.
MLP are expanding internationally and have recently onboarded clients in Europe and the USA. As we expand, we need additional resource within our finance team to ensure our internal and external customers receive a best-in-class service.
As a finance team of 4, we are looking for a true team player – smaller teams allow for greater accountability, autonomy, and flexibility; great communication is essential. We are passionate about supporting the wider business flexibly, supporting growth and innovation, whilst retaining appropriate financial controls and maximising operational efficiency. We are looking for someone with finance experience and a customer service mindset to join us for the ride!
The key responsibilities
- Support the Finance Director, Management Accountant and Account Management Team.
- Taking overall responsibility for the sales invoice book to ensure all details are recorded accurately, and promptly posted and reconciled to the finance system.
- Supporting the project to automate the sales invoice book, actively testing, and making recommendations.
- Responsible for Credit Control to ensure all sales invoices are paid on a timely basis, with any queries resolved as soon as possible.
- Supporting the Management Accountant with day-to-day cashflow forecasting and management.
- Process BACS payments on bank portals in line with client SLA’s.
- Support the Account Management Team to manage Client funds, ensuring the bank accounts you are responsible for are reconciled daily.
- Co-ordinate with the account management, data, orders and fulfilment teams to assist in the reconciliation of campaign spend.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts in support of the Management Accountant.
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you undertake.
- Ensuring that a “pro-active” approach is taken to the cleanliness of all balance sheet and other accounts within the wider team.
- Liaison with auditors regarding the accounts.
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the financial software system.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to all staff on system and finance queries.
- Providing cover for all transactional processing, including Accounts Payable, and additional bank reconciliations
- Providing cover for the preparation of VAT returns and on-going compliance.
- Ideal candidates will be part qualified either ACA, ACCA or CIMA, or qualified by experience, as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Teamwork is essential in this role, therefore you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Previous experience in a finance team is essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally to internal teams, clients and suppliers.
- Have the ability to multitask across various clients and projects.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills.
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, positive, articulate, personable, and diplomatic.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Hybrid working
The Marketing Lounge Partnership – The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Cheshire WA4 4PG
Telephone: 01565 832867