Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Hybrid working – Office / WFH
MLP is an independent and respected marketing agency. We deliver insight and research-driven multi-channel marketing campaigns that increase sales, retention, and advocacy through customer engagement.
We’re doing things day in and day out for some of the UK’s biggest companies and we’ve got top names that trust us:
- Leading Banks, insurance, telecoms, utilities, automotive, FMCG, retail, electrics, and more.
We actively encourage our people to try out different roles within the agency to get a full understanding of each other’s roles and have developed some amazing home-grown talent.
Where we excel is in our understanding of the psychology of the selling process and how this is integrated into a marketing campaign and applied to multi-product marketing objectives.
MLP has been highly successful in recent years within the core industries of banking, insurance, telecoms, automotive, and utilities. However, their senior management team has extensive experience in the retail, food, electrical, and FMCG sectors and we have continued to develop these sectors too.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive with a good understanding of how to sell in the B2B sector in a structured and disciplined way.
The key responsibilities
- Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with new and existing prospects in the financial services sector
- Presenting to senior decision-makers within the prospective sector(s)
- Understanding and keeping up to date with constant developments in the prospective sectors along with the communications industry and agency market
- Identifying areas for expansion and development
- Developing a targeted long-term new business strategy for prospective sectors and fostering growth in these key areas for the future
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
- Delivering against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
- Working closely with the marketing department to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects
- Inputting into sales and marketing collateral – how the business positions itself for various audiences
- Minimum 1/2 years’ experience within Business Development/New Business or Account Management role; experience within the media, marketing, and communications world preferred, however, this role would also suit those who have a demonstrable track record in delivering strong results in Account Management, Business Development in other sectors looking for a fresh challenge.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or a good level of demonstrable intelligence. Alternatively, a non-degree-holding individual who has progressed within their environment and demonstrated a steady progression within one or a small number of companies is of interest.
- Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated – must be comfortable in a target-oriented environment and working towards a structured progressive plan
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written, and face-to-face)
- Consultative sales skills: our audience is made up of leading brands within respective sectors, their agencies/media owners and requires a balance of soft-sell approach and hard sell closure
- Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously
The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate, personable, and diplomatic
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
The Marketing Lounge Partnership – The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Cheshire WA4 4PG
Telephone: 01565 832867